Here’s a quicky post I’ve been meaning to put up since Easter. Can we say SLACKER!?! Add to that the fact that I forgot to get a picture of the finished product on their intended cupcakes, I seriously suck at this blog thing.
There aren’t a whole lot of instructions to go along with these candy carrots. I used green airheads and orange starburst. Each carrot was one startburst. I warmed them in the microwave until I could shape them in my hands. They never got super soft because I didn’t want them to melt. While they were still soft I used a toothpick to poke a hole in the top of each.
For the green carrot leaf I cut a very long V shape out of the thinner parts of the airhead candy. With a sharp knife I cut slices out of the top of the V. The pointy end got shoved into the toothpick hole end of the soft carrot. You might want to have the green bits ready before the carrots, so the carrots can stiffen up with the leafy part attached.
These are very simple and I bet there are a ton of other things you can do with this general idea.
Here are the photos –